The start of the 2019-2020 school year has been a great one! On the first day of school, we welcomed 35 new students to Forest Hills! What a joy to welcome new students and families to our own Forest Hills family! In addition to new students, we also welcomed some new staff members. Mrs. Havens has joined our team teaching Literature in Middle School. Mrs. Renfro is on-board as our new Middle School Spanish teacher. Mr. V is our new Facilities Director. For now, we have a new temporary office manager, Mrs. Hill. Mrs. Yoder is starting in our hot lunch program as our new dishwasher.
As we finished our first week of school, we look forward to this month with a lot of anticipation. Some of the exciting events happening in September include
- a concert by world renowned pianists, Mac and Hailey Potts,
- The start of our new Monday morning prayer group,
- Two parental Bible studies kick off this month,
- School picture day on Monday, September 16,
- Chapel hosted by four of our association churches,
- The start of our school’s buddy program,
- Forest Hills Falcon Soccer,
- And many, many more!
We’re also excited to be announcing a new partnership between Forest Hills and RightNow Media. This resource rich platform is available for all of our students, staff, and families due to a generous grant from a local foundation.
Overall, the start of this year is an incredible success, and we can’t wait to see what is in store in the days to come!