The following guidelines for dress are in place at Forest Hills and are based on these standards: Neatness, Cleanliness, Modesty, Tastefulness and Safety. The Dress Guidelines are enforced by the FHLCS staff. If a staff member deems that a student is not following the guidelines, they have the right to ask them to comply. Students are expected to respect the decision of the staff member.
- Denim jeans of any color may be worn as long as they are neat, clean, not extremely faded, and in good repair. Sweat pants are allowed. Belts must be worn at the waist. Form-fitting, Spandex may be worn underneath other clothing.
- Tank tops, midriff shirts, undershirts, halter tops, tube tops and shirts with inappropriate pictures, language or advertising for alcohol or tobacco products are not to be worn. Caps, hats and hoods are to be worn outdoors only. Very short skirts are inappropriate. Girls may wear earrings – other pierced jewelry is not appropriate for boys or girls.
- Shorts, skirts, dresses, and tunics are to be at least as long as the fingertips when arms are held at the side, regardless of whether tights or leggings are worn underneath. Shorts must me hemmed.
- Skin tight clothing is not permitted.
- Students should wear appropriate clothing and shoes for P.E. classes.
- Unless it is raining heavily, students will go outdoors for recess and should be dressed appropriately. Please send your child to school with a coat.
- Hair styles should reflect careful grooming. Unnatural hair color is not permitted. Cosmetics are appropriate for girls of grades 7-8.
- Students may be required to call home or to wear school-supplied clothing in the event something inappropriate is worn to school.
Nuisance Items – Students are asked to leave the items at home which are not appropriate for school. Such things as iPods & CD players, handheld games, skateboards, comic books, matches, knives, squirt guns, gum, candy, and toys or other items are considered nuisances. These will be confiscated and returned only upon the request of the parent.