Parents As Leaders (PALs)
Parent involvement is invited, encouraged and expected at Forest Hills since research has demonstrated that this is an important factor in student success and achievement. There are many opportunities for involvement, including:
• lunchroom helpers
• classroom assistants
• buildings and grounds beautification
• auction planning and committees
• PTA membership
• field trip chaperones
• coaching, driving, and officiating in sports program
• library helpers
• office assistants
• grandpas support group
Parents agree to serve a minimum of 25 hours per family in the course of the school year or pay $10 per hour not served to the school at the end of the year. Since the school and the student are the beneficiaries, parents are encouraged to give of their time rather than their money. PAL hours are self-reported at the link below.
- Once you reach your 25hrs/family total, you do not need to report any further hours.
- If you are recording hours for a donation match, or another personal reason, you are more than welcome to keep recording.
- Intel (and other employers) will match employee volunteer hours and send donations to FHLCS. Please submit your volunteer hours to your employer if they have a program like this!
If you have any questions or need help getting started, please contact the office at (503) 359-4853.